terms and conditions
Last updated on 26 October 2010
- Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at the Website.
- In consideration of the, you hereby agree to comply with the obligations set out in these Terms.
2. OUR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- Unless otherwise stated, all copyright and other intellectual property rights in all information, documents or material on the Website (including without limitation any software or links, photographs, graphical images and audio/visual footage) ("Content") are owned and/or controlled by twofour54 or its licensors.
- Any downloading, reproduction, republication, extraction, modification, copying, distribution, transmission, display or sale of Content without the express written consent of twofour54 for any purpose is strictly prohibited.
- If you breach any of the provisions in these Terms, your permission to use the Website and your licence to use the Content automatically terminates and you must immediately delete, return or destroy any downloaded or printed extracts of Content from the Website.
- No part of the Website may be reproduced, republished, extracted, displayed, stored or otherwise included in any other website or any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without twofour54's specific prior written permission.
- The trade mark and trade name "twofour54°" is owned by twofour54. You shall not use or display publicly the "twofour54°" trade mark or the name “twofour54” without the prior written consent of twofour54.
- The Website may contain or make reference to trade marks or other proprietary intellectual property rights of twofour54, its partners or of other third parties. No licence to or right in any of these trade marks or other proprietary intellectual property rights is granted to or conferred upon you by reason of such reference.
- twofour54 reserves any rights not expressly granted in these Terms.
3. WEBSITE ACCESS
- While twofour54 endeavours to ensure that the Website is normally available 24 hours a day, you agree that twofour54 shall not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- You are responsible for ensuring that your computer system, mobile telephone or other communication device meets all relevant technical specifications necessary to use the Website.
- Access to the Website may be suspended without notice and you acknowledge that twofour54 shall not be liable due to such suspension.
- twofour54 reserves all rights to deny or restrict access to this Website to any person or organisation, or to block access from a particular Internet address or geographical territory to this Website, at any time, without ascribing any reasons whatsoever.
4. PERMITTED USE OF WEBSITE
- You shall not misuse the Website or any communication systems that the Website utilises in any way whatsoever (including, without limitation, by hacking).
- You agree and warrant that you will not use the Website for any purpose that is unlawful or is otherwise prohibited by these Terms.
- twofour54 may fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities of the United Arab Emirates or any court order issued by the courts of the United Arab Emirates or any order or direction issued by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of the United Arab Emirates requesting or directing twofour54 to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting any material in purported or suspected breach of any clauses of these Terms or any applicable laws.
- Twofour54 reserves the absolute right:
5. LINKS TO AND FROM OTHER WEBSITES
- Links to third party websites on the Website are provided solely for your convenience. If you use these links, you will leave the Website. twofour54 has not reviewed all of these third party websites and is not responsible for these websites, including their content or availability and the conduct of the proprietors of such websites. The inclusion of these links on the Website does not imply any endorsement or approval of the linked sites or the content, information or any linked addresses therein, or make any representations about them, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to the Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
- If you would like to link to the Website from another website, you may only do so on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, the home page of the Website, and subject to the following conditions:
- you do not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of the "twofour54°" trade mark or any other trade mark owned and/or controlled by twofour54;
- you do not create a frame or any other browser or border environment around the Website;
- you do not in any way imply that twofour54 is endorsing any products or services other than its own;
- you do not misrepresent your relationship with twofour54 nor present any other false information about twofour54;
- you do not otherwise use the "twofour54°" trade mark or any other trade marks displayed on the Website without express written permission from twofour54;
- you do not otherwise use the whole or any part of the Content without express permission from twofour54;
- you do not link from a website that is not owned or controlled by you;
- the other website does not contain content that is distasteful, offensive or controversial or is in any way contrary to the political, cultural or social norms or sensitivities in the United Arab Emirates;
- the other website does not infringe any intellectual property rights or other rights of any third party; and
- the other website complies with all the laws and regulations of the Media Zone Authority – Abu Dhabi, the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and the Federal laws of the United Arab Emirates as applicable therein.
- twofour54 expressly reserves the right to revoke the right granted in clause 5.2 at any time and for any reason and to take any action it deems appropriate.
6. COMMUNICATION FROM YOU
- With respect to all communications and submissions you make to twofour54 regarding the Website (or Content on the Website), including but not limited to questions, comments, suggestions and other feedback, ideas, concepts, know-how, techniques, text, photographs, graphics, video or audio in any format, (“Communication”), twofour54 will use all reasonable endeavours to act in good faith. You acknowledge and agree that:
- Communication and twofour54 shall have no obligation to protect your Communication from any disclosure;
- Communication to others without limitation for any purpose;
- twofour54 is or may be from time to time investigating other ideas, creations, concepts, businesses and other forms of submission and twofour54 may therefore be in discussions with third parties from which twofour54 may already have received or may from time to time receive proprietary information that is similar to your Communication, the subject matter of which is not related to or derived from your Communication;
- twofour54 shall be free to use, disclose, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, distribute and/or create derivative works from your Communication for the purposes of assessment and evaluation provided that such right is exercised at all times in good faith within twofour54 and/or in respect of a restricted number of third parties; and
- twofour54 shall not be obliged to open, review or respond to any Communication. grant to twofour54 a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive sub licensable right and licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play, make available to the public, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to your contribution worldwide and/or to incorporate your Communication in other works in any media now known or later developed to the full term of any rights that may exist in your contribution. If you do not wish to grant these rights please do not submit your Communication.
- You warrant and represent that all Communication is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to twofour54 for all purposes and to grant the rights referred to in clause 6 and throughout these Terms.
- In making a Communication, you warrant and represent that you are over 18 or that your parent or guardian has granted approval for the Communication to be made.
- The Content, including any e-mail notifications and news updates, is intended for informational purposes only and does not in any case constitute a legally binding offer.
- While twofour54 endeavours to ensure that the Content is correct and current, twofour54 makes no express or implied condition, warranty, representation or undertaking as to its accuracy, reliability or completeness. twofour54 may make changes to the Content and the products, services and programmes described on the Website, at any time without notice. The Content may be out of date, and twofour54 makes no commitment to update such Content.
- The Content is provided ’as is‘, without any conditions, warranties or other terms of any kind. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law, twofour54 provides you with the Content on the basis that twofour54 excludes all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms (including, without limitation, conditions of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose, the use of reasonable care and skill and any other conditions implied by law) which, but for this legal notice, might have effect in relation to the Website.
- twofour54, and the officers, directors, employees, shareholders or agents of any of them (whether or not involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering the Website), exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party in connection with your access to, use of, inability to use or the results of use of the Website or your downloading or use of any Content, any websites linked to the Website or the material on such websites.
- Without prejudice to the generality of clause 8.1, you agree that in no event shall twofour54 be liable for:
- any direct, indirect, punitive, exemplary or consequential loss or damages;
- any loss of reputation, income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption; and
- any loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property in connection with your access to, use of, inability to use or the results of use of the Website or your downloading or use of any Content, any websites linked to the Website or the material on such websites.
- You fully indemnify twofour54 for any loss or damage suffered by twofour54 for any breach by you of these Terms.
- These Terms represent the entire understanding and agreement between twofour54 and you concerning your use of the Website and the Content. Any and all previous courses of dealing, written or oral understandings, discussions, representations, correspondence and communications between twofour54 and you relating to the matters covered by these Terms are hereby superseded. You hereby agree that you have not relied upon, and will have no remedy in respect of, any warranty, statement, representation or understanding made by any party including twofour54 unless it is expressly set out in these Terms.
- All notices shall be given to us via email at .
- If any provision of these Terms is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity of the other provisions of these Terms and the remainder of the provisions in question shall not be affected.
- We may assign, transfer, novate or subcontract any or all of our rights and obligations under these Terms at any time.