- Each episode features 3 seamless segments with Dan taking the audience on a journey of...
- All aboard Driver Dan's Story Train! 103 episodes feature all your favourite Story Train characters, plus one new friend... joining season II, Bippity the robot!
The series has found a loyal audience of preschool in countries where it is airing:
- Commissioning broadcaster CBeebies in the UK airs both series in the primetime Bedtime Hour where it is regularly a Top 5 show with 400,000 viewers.
- Sprout in the US airs both series daily where it reaches over 55mmHH. Top-selling music artist Pat Monahan of Train fame brings an American voice to Dan!
- In Australia, ABC airs both series on ABC4 Kids and also ABC1
- In the Middle East, the Arabic production was produced at twofour54 by Blink studios. Airs on JCC pre-school channel, Baraem where it is one of their most popular shows and in early 2013 started airing on Abu Dhabi TV and Cartoon Network Arabic – The English version will air on leading children’s Broadcaster MBC3 across the Region.
- Other broadcasters enjoying success with both series 1 and 2 are CBeebies in Latin America, Minika in Turkey, Okto in Singapore, Juniori in Finland, Skylife in Korea, IRIB in Iran, and TG4 in Ireland
Driver Dan's Story Train is fun, engaging content, but at the same time offers the audience a great learning experience.
This series addresses some core educational fundamentals linked to literacy, communication and language including:
- An immersive and interactive storytelling experience
- The development of listening skills
- Helping promote pre-literacy development
- Demonstrating how a story unfolds
- Conveying the message that books are fun and exciting
Driver Dan's Story Train is establishing itself as a successful brand off-screen as well as on. Engaging characters and great stories connect with the audience, allowing us to develop a range of high-quality products which reflect the brand values.
Strong commercial partners are in place to bring this experience to the consumer:
- Macmillan - publishing
- Universal - home entertainment
- Golden Bear - toys
- Avanquest - digital games
- TDP Ackroyds - clothing
- BBC Magazines - comics
- Ravensburger - games and puzzles
- Rainbow - costume characters
- Demon Music Group
- Thompson/TUI Holidays - brand ambassador for family resorts
More than just a TV show, Driver Dan's Story Train also has an exciting website for kids, parents and teachers to explore!
- Winner of Best Companion Website at Kidscreen Awards 2011 for the preschoolers category and the Prix Jeunesse Interactive Award
- The site hosts a variety of Flash games and interactive narratives to recreate the unique sense of story play
- Parents and teachers can go online to get resources and recreate the Driver Dan experience, all at the click of a mouse. Fun for kids too!
- Visit the Driver Dan Story Train website here - www.driverdansstorytrain.com
- Watch one of our episodes
Bippity invents extra-long arms for his football game with Loopy and The Counting Sheep